Why MarketFlare DNA?
Fantastic AdWords reporting
makes work a wee bit more fun.
I just ran 13 reports in 42 seconds!”
AdWords Reporting & Display Network Analysis
Now available for download – MarketFlare DNA facilitates AdWords reporting and analysis. Also quickly find negative keywords, validate ad links, discover prospective Google Display Network partner sites with advanced score-based ad placement analysis, and much more!
This free AdWords tool for PPC reporting runs any type of AdWords report, enables visualization with advanced charts, and exports cleanly formatted data to Excel in seconds. Now you have unprecedented control of your AdWords report data with your own local report database; this means you can breeze through AdWords report analysis with SQL-enabled group-by, pivot, sort and other powerful functions.
What if you could calibrate placement selection according to dozens of metrics that mean the most for your campaign, and then survey suggested placements from multiple sources, including Google? Apply your score criteria, fine-tune with filters, and export data to conveniently apply the placement data to your campaigns.
Display Network Analysis (DNA) integrates your relevancy data with select AdWords reports into a pre-calibrated “DNA Score,” and this enables you to hit the ground running with new Display Network campaigns and to super-charge your existing campaigns with high performance placements. With MarketFlare DNA, you can survey hundreds of sites and score them based on dozens of factors in a few minutes!
The Solution for Google AdWords Reporting, PPC Analysis & Visualization
- Supports AdWords MCC accounts and multiple DNA profiles – create a DNA profile for each AdWords client and breeze through their report generation
- Supports all AdWords report types, with complete field selection & filters; to save time – default views & remembered preferences
- Analyze AdWords report data with advanced grouping, sorting & filtering; your report data in now in your own powerful local SQL database
- Visualize AdWords reports with charts, including advanced Treemap charts for GEO reports; cut & paste these impressive visualizations
- Run bulk AdWords report requests with remembered group-by and sort, view multiple reports within tabs; requests run concurrently & appear in seconds!
- Check Ad links & more! Validate your AdWords Ad Texts, Target URLs, Site Links, and even landing page content (title, h-tags, and more!)
- Easily export reports and other data to Excel (.xlsx), tailored with your column order preferences
- View your custom conversion metrics in columns alongside any other PPC metrics; conversion action data is auto-magically pivoted and joined!
- Group countries into pre-defined and/or custom worldwide regions (AMER, EMEA, APAC…); corporate finance departments will love you for this!
- Compare AdWords & Analytics reports automatically & find new keyword opportunities based on performing organic keywords not in your PPC campaigns
- Save your AdWords reports securely to your local database for easy, fast review any time! Optionally delete, archive, or run new reports in bulk
- Find negative keywords & negative exact phrases with a powerful, automated, intelligent negative keyword tool
- Validate or discover your primary keywords and most related domains based on integrated report data & landing pages
- Your primary keywords, related domains & negative keywords are intelligently applied in placement analysis and scoring
Specific Google Analytics integrated reports are easily accessed too, including Paid Search Placements, Referrals, Sources and more! Along with the integrated Google AdWords Search Query Performance Reports, Placements Reports, Automatic Placements Reports, the performance data is analyzed in the context of prospective placements, and the Display Network Analysis magic happens!
- Multiple chart formats including Bar, Column, Area, Line, Stacked, Pie, Treemap, and Geo
- Chart any AdWords Report dimension and multiple metrics with a few clicks
- Save or copy to clipboard to easily copy into an email, Word®, or Excel®
- Customize the chart labels, colors, sort order and more
- Advanced Geo visualization – impressive interactive Treemap & Geo charts
- Line charts feature a Return on Ad Spend (ROAS) indication option when Cost & Revenue are selected
- Access visualization from your report history or directly from the report view
- Easy chart configuration shows immediate, professional-looking results
MarketFlare DNA is FREE during the public beta test period
We appreciate and welcome feedback from online marketing professionals and please report any issues via our contact form. Please tell your friends and colleagues about this awesome new reporting and analysis tool.
Ready to enjoy your weekends more?
(as MarketFlare DNA breezes through your reporting tasks)
latest version release notes
Some things to understand about MarketFlare DNA wile we are still working on documentation:
- as this is a beta, there will be bugs and unintended behavior – download this beta software at your own risk
- make sure you install the application as an ‘administrator’ (right click on the setup file, and ‘run as administrator’)
- required: an Internet connection; registration occurs after setup and this process involves allowing the app to access your AdWords & Analytics report data via Google APIs (read-only, no changes are ever made though in future versions we’ll add the ability for you to start, pause, and stop campaigns and ads)
- required: .NET framework 4.0 and this is installed automatically in case it was not already installed; a Mac version is planned and meanwhile you can run it on Mac if you use Parallels Desktop for Mac (or VMWare Fusion or Boot Camp)
- all application settings, data and reports are stored in a local encrypted database; this data is not shared with MarketFlare and the only data that could be shared is your MarketFlare registration information (name, email), beta application usage data (report types viewed), and support related data (app log, system info) in case you opt to “send to support”
- the application does NOT scrape Google results; Google search data is obtained through the Google Web Search API (that is being deprecated) or Custom Search Engine (if you enter your own Key & Engine ID info)
- Faroo, Blekko, and Bing are also available search sources; based on your configured primary keywords (entered at settings->relevancy data), these search sources will seed DNA with prospective placements for analysis and scoring
- within the application are helpful links so you can get API keys to enable certain API integrations (Bing, Compete, Google CSE), and those have free, limited use availability
- our Google AdWords API key is provided, but you can change the key from the settings if you’d like
- please do not attempt to hack, decompile, or reverse engineer the application
- the link checker leverages your Ad Performance report and checks all distinct ad links, and optionally checks display URLs and site links too; the crawl on these links also fetches your on-page data to review; finally, the reason this is listed in technical considerations is because this crawl is throttled so as not to overwhelm your web services
- the application will notify you if there is an update available, and updating usually just requires a click
- if you have some question about what a button does, put your mouse pointer over it and hopefully it will explain itself
- as you can see in the application, the help section needs help… working on that
Tips & Tricks
- when viewing report data, right click on dimensions for group by options, and on metrics for sorting options
- if you use AdWords Conversion Tracking, then to automatically view your AdWords PPC metrics along with custom conversion metrics simply select the “Conversion Action Data” attribute and multiple reports will be joined & pivoted automatically so that you can view your custom conversion labels in columns along with metrics
- you can drag and drop to sort columns and column order preferences are remembered by report type
- the negative keyword tool analyzes your AdWords Search Query Performance report according to conversion-related metrics that you can configure in reports->settings; there are two reports, one for negative exact phrases and one for negative keywords, which traverses all search queries to aggregate performance data for individual words (this feature alone makes MarketFlare DNA a must-have tool)
- try the “run selected reports” tool from the reports->report history, this will launch the MarketFlare DNA AdWords Bulk Reporting Tool
- you can maximize the application to run full screen, and so if you have a hi-resolution monitor then you will see lots of data and spectacular treemap and other report visualizations
Why Display Network Analysis?
MarketFlare is focused on delivering a growing suite of data and analysis tools to manage and optimize your AdWords marketing investments. Here’s how:
1. Faster, more powerful AdWords reporting and analysis! Once you connect MarketFlare DNA to your AdWords accounts you can quickly and easily download any report and drill down into data with DNA integrated tools.
2. To be more competitive online, you need a distinctly better way to find ad placements. Google has some very useful tools for finding performing placements starting with your own Google AdWords ad placement reports. Also, there’s the Ad Planner and Google Placement Tool. MarketFlare DNA was built as a more highly customizable analysis and PPC reporting software because quality & relevance are relative to your specific campaign requirements and factors extend beyond keywords and related domains.
DNA functionality will be enhanced significantly during Q2 2013, with interface and process improvements.
In the meantime, we hope the AdWords reporting tool and related analysis will very practically fulfill your reporting requirements. We know agencies that find the reporting functionality to be a time-saving and integral part of their weekly reporting process, and we hope you will find the same utility in MarketFlare DNA!